- Frame: 10 GA extruded aluminum, with 1" face frame width and welded corners
- Perforated Screen: 14 GA aluminum (50% free area) welded to the frame behind grille core
- Tamperproof Screws: #8 x 1-1/2 Stainless Steel Pinned Flat Head TORX
- Standard: White Powder Coat Finish
- Optional: Consult factory for other finishes
- Sleeve Material: 10 GA aluminum - specify length when ordering
- Reinforcing Bars: 1/4" x 5/8" rectangular steel
- Locking Aluminum Angles: Two pieces 1" x 1" x 3/16" (shipped loose for field installation)
- Locking Aluminum Angle Frame: 1" x 1" x 3/16" welded one piece steel angle (shipped loose for field installation). Other sizes available - consult factory.
- Opposed Blade Damper: installed in the optional sleeve, for front or rear operation, or mounted on the back of the grille
- Tamperproof Screws: Consult factory for specific product applications
- Adapter: square to round (shipped loose)
The SGAL features aluminum bars mechanically fastened to aluminum square rods. The grille core is then welded to the frame to prevent removal. A perforated screen is welded to the frame behind the grille core to prevent concealment of objects.
The SGAL can be installed with security screws through the face or the optional sleeve is welded to the frame for
installation through the wall and is secured from the back by the optional locking angles. The locking angles are field welded by others to the sleeve securing it in place. See Installation Overview.